With Healthy Eating Week coming up we thought we'd share with you how food can affect your skin!
It seems like there's a new diet craze every week at the minute. From the Detox, to the 5 2, Atkins, Paleo it can be a overwhelming feeling sometimes.
Ultimately we know what we need to do to lose weight, burn more calories than we consume.
However, with our busy lifestyles it becomes more apparent that not only do we need to look at after how we look from the outside but how we are on the inside.
It's not about being thin, it's about being healthy.
Our food affects everything from our medical issues, our mood,our mental stability and also our skin.
So what do we need to look out for?
1) Avocados are high in healthy fats and contain vitamins E and C, which are important for healthy skin. They may also contain compounds that protect the skin from sun damage.
2) Walnuts are a good source of essential fats, zinc, vitamin E, vitamin C, selenium and protein, all of which are nutrients that your skin needs to stay healthy.
3) Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of nutrients, including vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant for the skin. They also contain linoleic acid, a type of fat that may prevent dry and thin skin.
4) Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene, which acts as a natural sunblock and protects the skin from sun damage.
5) Soy contains isoflavones. Isoflavones have been shown to improve wrinkles, collagen, skin elasticity and skin dryness, as well as protect the skin from UV damage.
And here's the real good news....
6) Red wine - Resveratrol, the famous antioxidant found in red wine, may help slow the aging process of the skin by quenching harmful free radicals that damage your skin.
7) Dark Chocolate - Cocoa contains antioxidants that may protect the skin against sunburn. They may also improve wrinkles, skin thickness, hydration, blood flow and skin texture.
So if you are planning on celebrating Healthy Eating Week from 11th-15th June keep your skin in mind.
Feel good about that glass of wine and bar of chocolate, you are just looking after yourself after all!